Tuesday, November 22, 2011

That was a close one, Stewart.

Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards both ended the NASCAR Sprint Cup racing season with 2,403 points. The tie breaker? How many races they won this season. Tony won five. He won the championship for the fifth time. He also won the Ford 400 on Sunday. He is the ninth driver to win more than three championships. On the way to lead the race, Stewart passed 118 cars. After the race, Stewart said, “I feel like I passed half the State of Florida. I mean, 118 cars is a lot of cars to pass in one race. I don’t care what series you’re in or where you’re at. To do it under the circumstances and the pressure that we had today, I’m very, very proud of that. And, man, I’ve been racing 31 years and I can’t even remember some of the races I’ve won. But I would have to say that, under the circumstances, I’ve got to believe that this is definitely one of the greatest races of my life.” I would much rather had Carl Edwards win. (Not just to see his amazing backflip.) But whatever. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment