Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the pits!

Being in the pits at the go-kart races is one of my favorite places in the world to be. My boyfriend races go-karts (that's him in the picture), and I always go with him. It's awesome to see how they work on the karts, and what they have to do, and how many things can go wrong. Even when Stephen (boyfriend) wins, there's still always something wrong that could have been better. Stephen wins-- a lot. A lot of people don't like him because he wins so much, and they say he's cheating even though he passes Tech every single time. Tech is when they tear apart your motor, and check your fuel to make sure you're not cheating. If another driver has a problem with Stephen, and they want to put him through Tech, they have to pay $150. The tracks always make good money from people who Tech Stephen. I wash and prep tires. I haven't missed one of his races in over two years. He calls me his good luck charm, :). I love being in the pits at the races, especially when there are fights. It's exciting, unless it involves me. I've gotten myself into enough trouble at the races. When people sit behind me on the bleachers when I'm watching Stephen and they start talking about how "That number 8 car cheats!" I'm definitely going to say something. So it's just really exciting being in the pits!

No comments:

Post a Comment